This is the first product update we post for Quiteften. We’ve been actively developing and releasing new features and fixes every week since we launched the first version of the app at the beginning of the month.
Here’s a quick recap of everything that shipped in January:
🧱 New Features
- Email link sign-in: you don’t need to create a password to have an account with Quiteoften. Instead, you can simply insert your email address and sign-in to the app with a link we send via email. Once signed in on a device, you don’t need to sign-in again for 2 weeks;
- Welcome questionnaire: the first time you sign in to the app, we ask you a few questions that help us customize your new account. We also cover some basic concepts about the app, such as the structure of our one-on-ones framework and when to use the app;
- Instant chat: you can reach us directly from within the app any time using the instant chat link on the lower right-hand side corner of the screen;
- Fixed a problem where the email with the sign-in link would go to the spam folder for most people. We’re now using a more reliable email service to avoid that issue;
- Fixed a problem with the sign-in screen, where people would sometimes see a confirmation message, even if the email with the link wasn’t sent;
- Many other fixes and improvements in the code, that allow us to continue improving the app more easily, without affecting the user’s experience
Let us know if you have any comments or suggestions!